Disciples’ Community Groups (DCG): The Church at Eternal Food Evangelistic Organization (EFEO)
God created mankind with a sense to have interactions with the environment to foster healthy and balanced living. (Gen 1:28 Paraphrased).
EFEO’s mission is to facilitate disciples (true believers in Jesus Christ) living in a community to fellowship and serve God together in that community.
What is a Disciples’ Community Group?
A disciples’ community group is a gathering of believers (Home Church) whose understanding of being Christians is to come together as a body of Christ to love God by obeying His commandments, and loving one another and their neighbors through selfless services. Matthew 22:37-40, John 13:34.
Who are Christ’s Disciples?
The disciples of Jesus Christ are those who have received the gift of Salvation and have yielded the totality and reign of their lives to the Lord Jesus Christ. (Luke 14:26 Paraphrased) . The Bible verses below sum up the definition of a true disciple:
“Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.” I John 2:3-6
Against this backdrop, we understand what the true followers of the Lord Jesus Christ are to be concerned about. They are to be focused on:
The Great Commandment:
“‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”” Matthew 22:37-40
The Great Commission:
“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15
The Presentation of the body (the redeemed of the Lord) blameless
“Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.” Colossians 1:28
Our Strategies Towards Achieving These Goals
Disciples’ Community Group (DCG) Structure:
A DCG comprises believers from Eternal Food Evangelistic Organization (EFEO), who live in the same community, and gather together one or more times on weekly basis as a Church. These believers are derived from established, and growing believers, new converts, and Others seeking to know about Salvation, and how they can become disciples of Jesus Christ.
A DCG typically carries out the following activities:
1. The group meets weekly at a designated home that belongs to a member as agreed upon by all participating persons. Volunteer pastors or coordinators are appointed by the joint effort of DCG’s members, and EFEO’s DCG Coordinating Team
2. Meeting is on Saturday for Bible teaching and fellowship from 5 pm to 6.30 pm. The group discusses pre-assigned Bible reading for the week and discussion is presided over by two individuals (The group’s Pastors), for teaching and moderation. Communion is held at the end of bible teaching. (1 Corinthians 11:23-25). Fellowship and Light refreshment take place before the group dismisses Acts 2:41-42
3. The group meets once every two weeks for prayers. This meeting is important for prayers for individual member’s family, mission works of reaching out to the community, and prayers for the nation, and all the nations of the world to turn back to God. 2 Chronicles 7:14
4. Tithe and offering are collected at each DCG for community mission works in that community, and for selected international mission works to reach the lost for Jesus Christ. Malachi 3:9-12, Acts 11:29-30
Monthly Joint Evangelistic Outreach (Harvest Feast)
All Disciples’ Community Groups (DCG) come together once a month for mass evangelistic outreach. The outreach is held at Eternal Food Evangelistic organization designated venue. For details of harvest Feast, visit eternalfoodevangelistic.org.
How to Become a Disciple’s Community Group Member
Anybody who fits the definition of a Christian as described above or who is ready to become one, may register intention to become a member of Eternal Food Evangelistic Organization (EFEO). To know more about EFEO, click here. Every member of EFEO is enrolled in a Disciples’ Community Group within their community.
To register to become a member of a DCG, take any of the following steps:
1. Call EFEO’s office between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday. The number is 281 271 1730 and follow the prompts.
2. Attend EFEO’s monthly evangelistic outreach (Harvest Feast)
3. Fill out the form below and our DCG coordinator will contact you.
Disciples’ Community Group Multiplication Model
Case Study: A mature DCG- with maximum of 20 adult members
DCG consists of the following:
DCG Coordinators/Pastors: These are two individuals appointed as volunteer Coordinators/Pastors to lead DCG. They are not paid.
DCG Members: A DCG may have maximum number range between 10 and 20 depending on the accommodation of the hosting family. No DCG may split before reaching 10 members, and no DCG may have more than 20 members.
Families: Husband and wife, and adult children over 18 years of age will be counted as individual members in a DCG.
Individuals: Individual male or female will be considered a member each.
Potential Coordinators/Pastors: These are two individuals identified by current leaders to be part of new DCG that will emerge from the existing one.
Emerging New Coordinators/Pastors: Each new DCG will have two leaders comprising one from the original pastors, and one from originally identified potential Pastors.
DCG’s Community or Local Mission Works
The primary mission works of DCG members are focused on meeting the immediate food needs of those requiring extra help with food within their community. All DCG members are taken through basic training of reaching out to their neighbors and community members who are in emergency need of food assistance.
Emergency Food Assistance: This is a short-term food assistance program designed to help families, and individuals who are in short supply of food due to loss of job, moving between jobs, family emergency situations etc.
Disciples’ Community Group (DCG) Structure Video